Sunday, May 24, 2009

Asparagus and hair

Pernilla: I was going to show you a picture of the asparagus soup that boyfriendo made from left over asparagus peel today. It's more of stock really, like a base for soup, and funny enough it taste quite like danish (wienerbröd). Perhaps the 60% butter could be an explanation. Unfortunately I cant show the picture because my camera is charging. But wasn't that just lovely? Using all the bits and scraps, very grandma style. Our waste this week is very little. I'm quite happy.

I'll talk about hair now. I have so far washed my hair with this clay powder thingy twice. The hair is a disaster but I think I must be doing it wrong. The scalp is very clean actually, but the rest is like a rubber mat. But people on the internet swear by it, so I'll keep trying. At least I can shape the hair very nicely into buns and knobs and such. I'm going to a wedding next weekend, so that will be a critical point. Must have nice hair on wedding.

Finding alternatives to products is one interesting way of reducing waste. My next hair experiment will be washing it with egg yolk. I'll try tomorrow morning. I seriously don't think this is the right way to reduce waste, but it's kind of fun trying these things out. (And I already have a boyfriend, doesn't matter what I look like. As long as it's temporary ugliness.)

UPDATE: Egg was not enough. I'll give it one last try tomorrow, wednesday. If it doesn't work then I'll go to Aveda who at least mimimize the amount of plastic in the packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment