Monday, May 4, 2009

Take away or eat here?

Karin:
Went to the awsome sallad/sandwich bar "Dean & David" for lunch on thursday with some colleagues. We were going to eat there but it was totally full so we decided to take the food back to the office. Fine, apart from the fact that it left me with this:

Napkin, wrapper, bag, plastic cup and straw... Lots of waste for one lunch! And if we would have been able to eat there it would have been none. So I'm going to try to avoid this when I can, from now on it's all about eating out!

So I ended up throwing the paper out at work but I couldn't bare to throw the cup. So I brought the cup and straw home and washed them out. I thought I could use this straw for my morning smoothies since it doesn't have the little "bend" that other straws have it's easier to keep clean. And this morning all of our glasses were in the washing mashine so I used the plastic one again! Yey, second life!

Pernilla, I can totally relate to you on feeling sorry for products when they don't get to do what they are supposed to. The cup looked proud to do it's job again this morning! :)

In swedish the word for disposable is "engångs-" wich means "one time use". So many disposable products can be used more then that!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you on how much waste there is in the US. I try to re-use as much as I can and even save as much water as possible at home. It infuriates me when I see people in my neighborhood using automated watering devices that let the water run down the street two or more blocks!!

    ReplyDelete