Friday, May 1, 2009

At Madames

Pernilla:
I'm staying at B&B in Paris. The apartment is fantastic. The lady who has it is a piano teacher. There are french kids having piano lessons outside. I feel like being in a movie. (Oh, but not THAT piano teacher movie. A nice movie.)

And when it comes to waste control, zero. What can I do if she insists on serving me portion packs of yoghurts? (Eh, probably something like telling her not to, but it's a bit embarrasing, isn't it?) No to mention going around the city all day. Chewing gum, wrapping paper, paper cups - hard to avoid. I'll do my best.
Anyway, I was sitting there with my single portion yoghurt this morning and observing her collection of vintage packages. And somehow I came to wonder what happed with appreciating your things and keeping them forever because you like them? I imagine people loved and appreciated their stuff more when they had less, can that be right?

Imagine if you would tell your kid once a year that you'd go to a toy store, carefully pick one single toy, and that's it! That's the doll you'll be playing with for the next year, so you better be good to her!

What if we always had the intention of whatever I buy, I will have to stick with until it's totally, totally worn out and broken and gone!? There is no "buying a new one just for the fun / convenience / sake of it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment