Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Leaving the hotel


Pernilla:
Sordid. Seriously.
This is my weekend of garbage produced, and you know what, I refuse to bring it with me! I also refuse to convince the french piano teacher lady to sort and recycle it for me. (Perhaps she does, yes, actually let's pretend she does that. Eh, haha.)

This is not like a lot of garbage compared to, lets say Americans that use disposable plates and cutlery for every meal, but still I felt very unsatisfied. Sloppy. Not taking my responsibility. I have been avoiding things like taking every flyer, broschyre and so on that people want to give you. I've browsed through free magazines and decided not to take them BEFORE i actually take them with me. Etc.But still this is how much I threw away. (NOT counting any food leftovers which are the main part.)

I was a bad tourist.
One thing on my plus account though: I needed shampoo. I went into a pharmacy and the only travel sized shampoo they offered came in a 3-pack, in a little PVC transparent bag. I debated with myself for 10 minutes what to do (drove my boyfriend crazy as well) and then decided NO. I just really hate PVC. So now I'm washing myself with the free stuff you get in the hotel - it's body gel, not even shampoo. I now smell like a salesman of cheap copying machines. And my hair looks like Ronjas'. Oh, the Sacrifice.
And just realized, all those little bottles of body gel... I guess I have to keep them then.

No comments:

Post a Comment