Thursday, May 7, 2009

goes up goes down goes up

Pernilla:
I'm now in Bretagne, staying overnight at a small guesthouse by the ocean with poppyfields outside my window and lilacs in flowery vases all around my room. (Hey Karin, how's that compost? is it smelly yet?)
The guy were staying at actually renovated some kind of french cowshed completetly and turned it into the lovliest of guesthouses.

And here's whats cool: he has two wells - one for water coming up, and one for water going down. Simple. Everything that goes down the drain pipes ends up in your own garden, in your own food, after a week or so. Suddenly you feel "hm.. Biodegradable detergent and shampoo might be a good idea here. Bleach? Chemicals? Highly toxic for water living organisms? Ehm , not so sure anymore."

Making your own waste your own problem and not somebody elses problem.

Karin:
Wow that's amazing and totally inspiring. The good old "get-a-taste-of-your-own-medecine"-trick always works!!

Pernilla: Yes I know! Love it.
I had a mini version of it: Everything I wouldn't throw away ended up in my handbag and in my luggage. In the end of the week I was dragging around a kilo of little paper wraps and shit. If you literally need to CARRY your waste, you make sure you minimize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment